Affiliated Research Centers & Labs
AAI research centers & labs
- Accessible Teaching, Learning, and Assessment Systems Select to follow link
- Agile Technology Solutions Select to follow link
- Center for Creativity and Entrepreneurship Education Select to follow link
- Center for Educational Opportunity Programs Select to follow link
- Center for Montessori Research Select to follow link
- Center for Public Partnerships & Research Select to follow link
Other affiliated research centers
Sona Research Participation
As a part of the graduate learning opportunities offered through the Department of Educational Psychology, students enrolled in specified courses are required to gain experience with psychological or educational research during their time at KU. One of the best ways to gain experience is to be directly involved in an on-going research project; and KU utilizes Sona Systems, a cloud-based participant management system, to organize various research pools.
KU graduate student participation serves two important functions:
- Most of what students learn in psychology classes is based on carefully conducted research with human volunteers. Participation in research gives students a first-hand glimpse into the research enterprise that uncovers the explanations for human behavior.
- The research requirement represents, in part, service to the larger psychological community as progress of psychology as a science would be considerably slowed without the help of research participants.