Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Department of Educational Psychology recognizes the importance of cultural and individual diversity in its educational programs and strives to provide an optimal and inclusive working and learning environment for all faculty, staff, and students. This encompasses all aspects of diversity, including but not limited to age, color, disability status, ethnicity, gender, language, veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sexual or affectional orientation, and socioeconomic status. To this end, the department works to achieve these goals by:
- Providing educational opportunities to enhance diversity awareness, advocacy, and visibility in the department, on campus, in the surrounding community, and nationally;
- Engaging students and faculty in ongoing discussions on the meaning of diversity and promote the infusion of multiculturalism into research, education, and training;
- Supporting all faculty and students and impart a sense of community and belongingness;
- Recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and students; and
- Making available information and resources regarding opportunities for student funding in the area of diversity.*
*Based on the Diversity Mission Statement of the Department of Educational Psychology, University of Utah.