• Home
  • Academics
  • Degrees
  • School Psychology
  • Ed.S.
  • After Graduation

School Psychology

Putting Your School Psychology Degree to Work

Upon completion of the degree requirements for the Educational Specialist in School Psychology, including the Ed.S. research project and final exam, the student will be recommended for the initial two-year license as a school psychologist in Kansas. Upon satisfactory completion of the internship experience (typically a one year, full-time on the job, the student will be recommended for full licensure/certification.

See the school's Licensure section for more information about application, applying out-of-state, Kansas licensure exams, FAQs, licensure renewal, and other regulations.

Over the last four years, an average of about seven new students each year have been admitted and enrolled in the Ed.S. program. These students have come from Kansas and states nationwide. All of our Ed.S. graduates have obtained employment in the public schools, with most of them remaining in the northeast Kansas area. A number, however, have obtained employment in other states including Arizona, Nebraska, South Dakota, Florida, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Texas, and Virginia. 

NCATE logo

School of Education Resources

SOE Policies, forms, dissertation rubrics, handbooks and other information
More Info »

KU Today
Connect with KU Educational Psychology

KU School of Education Facebook page

KU School of Education YouTube Channel

KU School of Education Twitter Feed

KU School of Ed instagram icon

KU School of Ed LinkedIn icon