Admission to Master's Degree at KU
The University of Kansas is a great place to pursue a graduate degree, since graduate education is central to KU’s mission of learning, scholarship and creative activity. We invite you to explore our graduate degree information, review our student resources, and learn more on our knowledgeable faculty and the vibrant community of Lawrence, Kansas.
Once you’ve decided to apply, use the Apply Now button on this page to get started! Please note that KU does not accept paper applications for admission. The online application is designed to give you the ability to submit all supporting documents in one form. Not sure of how to proceed? We’ve created a Graduate Application Checklist, just for you!
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0; and (if applicable) minimum graduate GPA of 3.5
- Official GRE general exam scores (taken within the last five years) at the 50th percentile or higher
- Why you are interested in this degree program, including what skills, competencies, and experiences you hope to gain in the program,
- Your career goals and how this degree program relates to your career goals (that is, how you see this program preparing you to meet your career objectives),
- Prior relevant educational, work, and research experiences,
- One research topic or issue that you would like to pursue in this program, including the faculty member with whom you would like to work, if known.”
Application Deadline for Master's Degree in Educational Psychology & Research
Domestic & International Applicants:
Apply before December 15th to begin the following fall semester
(Admission decision notifications are shared no later than April 1)
Interested in a Graduate Teaching Assistantship? Apply Here.